For press release all photos can be used free of charge. Please note copyright © Hamburg Port Authority (HPA).
Thursday, 4 June 2015
1. How can ports and cities best benefit from the growth in cruise activity? What kinds of co-operation between city, port and cruise companies are the most beneficial? These topics have been discussed in the Cruise-Session on Thursday.
2. Discussion in the Cruise-Session: Michael Ungerer, President AIDA Cruises; Bo Larsen, Vice President for Port Engagement & European Executive Partner Members in Europe; CLIA, Roberto Perocchio, Managing Director of Venezia Terminal Passeggeri S.p.A.; Douglas Ward, Author BERLITZ Cruise Guide and CHA Min-sik, Vice President of Busan Port Authority.
3. Douglas Ward, Author of BERLITZ Cruise Guide, explains the “wow” effect and why delivering it is crucial to cruise business.
4. Gene Seroka, Executive Director Port of Los Angeles; Alexander Porschke, President of NABU Hamburg (Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union); Christine Loh, Under Secretary for the Environment, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government; Johan Röstin, CEO of Copenhagen Malmö Port AB, discuss about solutions for Clean Air in Ports.
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
1. On wednesday the focus is on smartPORT solutions.
2. Jens Meier, Chairman of the Management Board, presents smartPORT solutions from the Port of Hamburg.
3. In two years the next IAPH conference will take place in Bali. To give a foretase the Port of Indonesia invited to the "Bali Night".
4. Traditional Balinese dance performances on stage at the "Bali Night".
Tuesday, 2 June 2015
1. Grant Gilfillan, IAPH President & Chief Executive Officer/Director, Port Authority of New South Wales, Australia; Minister Frank Horch, Ministry of Economy, Transport and Innovation in Hamburg; Enak Ferlemann, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development; Jens Meier, Chairman of the Management Board Hamburg Port Authority
2. The scene for this opening event was set by a spectacular stage show.
3. Conference Moderator Max Boodie and Sabine Stüben, IAPH Conference Vice President, hosted the opening ceremony.
4. Grant Gilfillan, IAPH President & Chief Executive Officer/Director of the Port Authority of New South Wales, Australia, ceremonially opened the conference